FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF MARSHALL HEIGHTS
A Loving Community
Rev. Dr. André D. Ivy, Pastor
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primary function is to oversee activities of the main church office. This person would report directly to the Pastor.
1. College graduate or equivalent work-related experience
2. Minimum of five years experience as an Administrative Assistant
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office to include (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
4. Proficiency in the use of standard office tools (copy machine, fax, scan etc.)
5. Strong organizational skills
6. Have excellent command of English composition and punctuation
JOB DUITES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Answer, screen and route all incoming calls
2. Prepare, proof, and print weekly bulletins.
3. Organize and maintain the pastor’s and church calendar
4. Coordinate travel arrangements for speaking engagements
5. Check email (e.g., respond or route to appropriate person/s)
6. Regular Mail (e.g., distribute and disseminate all church mail; respond via correspondence or phone)
7. Route incoming faxes to appropriate staff
8. Routine filing of paperwork, as well as electronic filling (e.g., computer folder and/or thumb drive)
9. Maintain office supplies inventory and equipment inventory where appropriate.
10. Coordinate scheduling for weddings, baptisms and baby dedications (e.g., prepare baby dedications and baptism certificates)
11. Keep accurate membership records (e.g., new members, baptisms, weddings, deaths, etc.)
12. Greet bereaved families and prepare or assist with funeral programs
13. Notify Chair of Deacons of member hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
14. Maintain and up-date all standard forms and ministry literature.
15. Prepare new members information packets and coordinate receptions.
16. Coordinate employee meetings, lunches, etc.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
· Should always exhibit professionalism, conscientious work ethics, teaching ability and
· Should be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and
Circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
· Should be willing to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
· Should be willing to travel occasionally as the need arises.
· Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
· Should always exercise discernment and wise judgment.
· Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
· Should have a non-lackadaisical attitude with the willingness to seek new information,
Training and resources as needed.
· Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
· Should possess strong administrative skills and the ability to work independently
Interested applicants should submit their resume with at least two professional references to Trusteechair@FBCMH.net no later then 5:00 PM August 16, 2019.
4934 B Street, Southeast ~ Washington, DC 20019
Telephone: 202/584-2230 ~ Fax: 202/5841390